Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chapter Twelve: Mama's Boy

Assume that any uncomfortable situation I encounter at work will be posted - funny or not.
Translation - Do something stupid at (insert popular drugstore name) and I will share it with the world...or the six people who follow my page.

Here's a simple and very awkward (and I don't believe I use this term too loosely in this blog) story for you:

Mother accompanies her 18ish year old son and his girlfriend into the store. ALL THREE of them go to the back of the store near the pharmacy and return to the front.

Son puts a pack of Trojan Magnum condoms on the counter. Between he and his girlfriend, they find the money to pay for these things, while mama bear stands directly behind them. The three of them leave.

See. Very simple story. And I shouldn't need to continue to explain why this is strange behavior, but I will. While I guess I appreciate the 'caution', if you are not mature enough to drive yourself or find your own way to the store, maybe you're not mature enough to have sex. Maybe I'm just crazy.

And while I'm sitting at my computer in shock at how our society is going down the crapper, let me continue. Why is your mother helping you pick them out? As I stated earlier, all three of them stood in the family planning aisle and gawked at the different brands together. So strange. So very weird. So very typical... Only in (insert ghetto town name).

There. That's the end of my rant.


No comments:

Post a Comment