Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Chapter Nine: The Disorderly Elderly

Like I've said before, I only write on this blog when there's something to share. Hence the huge time gap from my previous post. Yes, I know. Three months. Who cares. There was nothing to write about. I'm not one for blogging and this is primarily for my own journaling purposes anyway. And I'm too scatterbrained to keep track of an actual journal.

Today, a man came in and asked me to show him where the batteries were. I'd guess he'd be about seventy years old. While we walked down the center aisle, I asked him if I could see the battery he had in his hand to compare it to what he might need. He held out his hand. I took the battery and he immediately grabbed my hand and said "I'll hold your hand too." Okay. Someone please tell me: where in the store manual does it tell me what to say or do in this situation? I'm pretty sure this scenario is not specified. I panicked. I have the tendency to be abnormally uncomfortable in these situations already. So I said "Ummmmmmmmm.... thanks" and pulled my hand away.

Um, thanks?! Really. Great, Ash. If that's not an invitation to a 70 year old, I don't know what is.

I wish I could say this is the worst of my experiences, but I'd say previous posts have proven me wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment